1. Reach out to a few artists whose work speak to you and your style and book them for an application. Don’t even mention that you’re getting married. Take this time to get to know them and see if you vibe with them.
*𝑊𝑒𝑑𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑝𝑟𝑖𝑐𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑎𝑦 𝑣𝑎𝑟𝑦 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑏𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒
𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑙𝑖𝑐𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑒𝑑.
2. Find out what social media and marketing platforms they use such as Facebook, Instagram, Wedding Wire, The Knot etc.. and read their reviews... Do you like what you’re seeing?
3. Take step two a step further! Chances are they have tagged their Bride in the pictures they’ve posted or the Bride has commented on a post. MESSAGE HER!!! Ask her about her experience.
4. Ask your other vendors such as your Venue or Photographer if they have PREFERRED VENDORS, usually a list of professionals they love working with! They make ZERO Dollars sharing this persons name, so you can trust it’s someone they genuinely would love to send you to.
5. TEAM WORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK! I swear it’s true, if you already have your Hair Stylist for example have him or her recommend makeup, chances are they have a similar style, have worked together, and can help one another should an issue arise on your big day!
Once you find someone make sure they obviously have your date available, that they are communicative and clear in the pricing including travel fees, if they require a contract and deposit, reach out to schedule your trial, and that they work out a time frame.
And lastly don’t forget that having your Hair & Makeup done on your wedding day is a luxury service.
90% of the time your team is...
•Traveling to you.
•Setting up a mini studio before your own
•Working on your closest friends and family in
a high profile/high stress situation.
•Bringing your vision to life 30-45 minutes a
•And lastly managing the flow of the day.
So choose people YOU know you can trust, that can do all that around you while still keeping everyone relaxed! 🥰
Hair by Sarah Wachter
📸 by Vickie's Photography & Videography